The magical day I've been daydreaming about for months finally came, and fluttered quickly away. Like a Tinkerbell blur. Well, how was it?
- I GOT TWO MEDALS! One for completing this run, and a special Coast to Coast award for completing a half in Disneyland and a half in Walt Disney World in the same calendar year. Who has two thumbs and the stupidity willingness to spend so much money on travelling for marathons? *This guy*
- Drew Carey was at the race, and kicked some serious ass.
- The best part, HANDS DOWN, has got to be running through Angels Stadium. Not because I know anything about baseball outside of the original NES game, but because all the local Orange County scout troops were out there cheering runners on. And the little boy scout kids WENT NUTS upon seeing me in my Russell garb. "RUSSELLLL!!!!!!" "WHERE'S DUG!?"
- The weight of the badges made the sash fling up and down way too much. I already have to deal with inescapable boob-bouncing. I had to strap the sash down with my backpack's dorky torso stability clasp, knowing very well that this will push my chesticles together in a very unflattering way - as if a Chipotle burrito was horizontally lodged in my sports bra.
- I didn't indulge in a proper breakfast and ended up eating a whole giant stick of energy chews. It felt like a party gone wrong in my mouth. Then this horrible party had an after-party in my stomach. And eventually, the whole thing moved down to the hotel lobby (aka the toilet in Fantasyland).
- This blood blister keeps getting bloodier and blisterier.
AVERAGE PACE 10:15 minute/mile
A half hour faster than my last half marathon. My biggest secret tip? I didn't stop at every single water station. I listened to my body and only drank water when needed, and refrained from using the water station as a convenient excuse to rest. GO BODY, GO!
NEXT GOAL - 2:00:00 Half Marathon time!